Louisiana SOL....

This folder is for general discussion of debt collection issues. As with all postings in this forum, appropriate language and courtesy are to be used or the postings will be struck.
Guest-1651

Louisiana SOL....

Post by Guest-1651 »

Hi. new member.
A question regarding Louisiana SOL. I have been contacted by the offices of Michael Dendy. The first time was in Aug of last year. They threatned a law suit.I sent a Verificattion letter which went unanswered.They called my wifes mom an Fri and I called them back. They said they never got it and that they were going to sue me. I sent a cert letter on Fri. again req. verification along with a cease comm letter.
In reading the last post I am now confused on the SOL on credit cards in LA. The one in question had last activity 5years ago. Is the SOl 3 years on credit cards?
Thanks for any replies.
Im very distraught over all of this.
David A. Szwak

Re: Louisiana SOL....

Post by David A. Szwak »

Guest-1651 wrote:Hi.  new member.
A question regarding Louisiana SOL. I have been contacted by the offices of Michael Dendy. The first time was in Aug of last year. They threatned a law suit.I sent a Verificattion letter which went unanswered.They called my wifes mom an Fri and I called them back. They said they never got it and that they were going to sue me. I sent a cert letter on Fri. again req. verification along with a cease comm letter.
In reading the last post I am now confused on the SOL on credit cards in LA. The one in question had last activity 5years ago. Is the SOl 3 years on credit cards?
Thanks for any replies.
Im very distraught over all of this.
3 years from default.  It is an open account by law.  If you pay or "acknowledge" the debt after default, it starts the SOL 3 year clock anew.
David Szwak
Chairman, Consumer Protection Section, Louisiana State Bar Association
Bodenheimer, Jones & Szwak
509 Market Street, 7th Floor
Mid South Tower
Shreveport, Louisiana 71101
318-221-6444
Fax 318-221-6555

Return to “General Discussion”