15 U.S.C. § 1692 violations - 3rd party communication by CA

This folder is for general discussion of debt collection issues. As with all postings in this forum, appropriate language and courtesy are to be used or the postings will be struck.
Guest-1629

15 U.S.C. § 1692 violations - 3rd party communication by CA

Post by Guest-1629 »

My question relates to a CA calling the cell phone of a family member and communicating with that third party when they already are in contact with the debtor and have already received notice both on the phone and in writing via CMRRR on several occasions stating specifically not to call at any time or any place rather to write at the address they have for the debtor.

They have no need to seek location information from a third party as they have that information as can be proven by recent correspondence to and fm the debtor (and their office).

The myfairdebt.com web site appears to indicate the CA is in violation of 15 U.S.C. § 1692, especially the case West v. Nationwide Credit, Inc. at https://www.myfairdebt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=993 - (There may be others I haven't read yet. Still reading.)

Are there also Louisiana laws (in addition to FDCPA) that have been violated by the CA, parallel to the 1692 violations? If yes, can they be sued under state and federal?

Is there case law for LA and/or whichever federal court would be involved (5th, I think) re 1692 violations?

This is not the first violation but the latest and would like to put a halt to this.

Thanks in advance for yr help!

Return to “General Discussion”